Where should I begin?
Yesterday, April 23 was a little hard for our family. I guess it started out with me waking up, not feeling 100%. (It's hard being a mom when you're not feeling well.) I was weak, nauseated, feverish and had to be available to our little one. Not only was my day hard, but Stella's was no piece of cake either. She had her 2 month check-up yesterday, which went really well, until the last 5 minutes. She's grown another inch and a half, she's just under 11 pounds and developmentally is right on track. Then came the shots...yes, SHOTS (plural). Poor little girl had to get 4 vaccines yesterday. She did great...a good scream, a few tears and we were on our way home. That is where it all went downhill.
Luckily Nick was able to come home from work a little early to tend to us. By the time we got home, I could barely get myself in the door before throwing up (sorry if I'm grossing anyone out). Not long after I got sick, Stella woke up and was not happy. Apparently the shots can make a baby "fussy." Poor little one cried and cried until Nick took her on a few errands (riding in the car always helps). Once they got home, she cried some more. We finally got her to sleep, which allowed me some time to take care of myself. After a nap, some tylenol, and some imodium, I was sort of able to move around the house. Nick was fantastic taking care of both of us.
Now, it's Tuesday, I'm probably about 85%...and Stella is sleeping, again. (The shots will also make the baby sleep more...once they actually fall asleep.)
GOALS FOR THE DAY: eat something (I only ate bananas and dry toast yesterday), continue to rest, and thank Nick for his patience during all of the icky moments yesterday.
1 comment:
So sad...Hope you are feeling better soon, Liz. You are so lucky to have such a great hubby and daddy to help you out in times like that.
Post a Comment