Monday, April 2, 2007

What a weekend...and, there's more to come!


Where to start!? First of all, we had the most gorgeous weather here in Cincinnati the past few days that allowed us to be outside all weekend!
Stella's Grandma Freeman, Uncle Jimmy (newly named, "Crazy Uncle Jimmy") and Great Aunt Ann were all in town visiting. We spent the weekend fawning over Stella, enjoying many walks around Hyde Park, tasting the culinary treats prepared by Grandma Carol and Nick, laughing about old memories, enjoying being serenaded by Uncle Jimbo, attending church for the first time as a family (on Palm Sunday, no less), playing games and making wonderful new memories.

The Happy Family


Snuggling with Uncle Jimmy


Picking flowers at Ault Park


And...what's to come?

Well, this week, the plan is for Aunt Kim, Uncle Jon and all the boys...Jim, Ben, Tom and Mike to meet Stella for the first time. They'll be here for a couple of fun filled days. We'll be celebrating Stella's addition to our family, 3 birthdays from the month of March and just being together!

That's not all...Stella is taking her first trip! We will be spending Easter weekend (plus a couple of extra days) in Captiva Island, Florida! Grandma and Grandpa Bettcher decided that they wanted to invite us all down to the "Bougainvilla" house to celebrate Stella's first Easter together. We are definitely looking forward to some fun in the sun!

How does Stella feel about all of this, you ask?
Decide for yourself:

We think the answer is pretty obvious!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz & Nick ~ Stella looks so beautiful!! I see your family will be on Captiva this weekend....I will actually be @ our condo in Sanibel!! I would love to meet up with you guys and meet your beautiful daughter! Love, Whitney xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Betsy. Your mom was my care partner volunteer when my late husband was in transplant in MN. I met you and your precious family on Christmas eve in 2002. Anyway, I have been keeping up on your blog and loving it! My baby was born in Feb. as well, so reading your blog hits very close to home and makes me and my husband laugh.

ANyway, keep up the great work and give your mom a squeeze from me when you see her next.

Have a great time in FL and blog all about it! i'm dying to hear how traveling with baby went.

Here's our website: www.mettaaudio.com/miles_alexander_king