This morning, while I was finishing breakfast, our friend Josh showed up at the front door. He looked pretty serious and as I waved him in, he said, "I think your car was broken into last night." I wasn't quite sure what to think, but immediately headed outside, puzzled as to why this happened and if it really did. Well, both questions were answered rather quickly. Yes, it really did happen...the driver's side window had been smashed in and glass was all over the street. And, after talking with the police (once they arrived), we learned that we weren't the only car hit last night. Apparently we were the 4th call they had received in about 20 minutes with similar complaints. Our neighborhood "thief" is looking for easy grab electronic gear. As you know, we just got back from our road trip and all day yesterday our navigation system was up on our dashboard. Well, in the evening, Nick finished cleaning out my car and moved some things into the house and a few things into his car. It was obvious that they were looking for the navigation system as the center console was wide open. They didn't get anything of any value from us and a broken window isn't all that terrible. Things certainly could have been worse. We're just thankful that is all that happened.
Please take our experience and learn from it and be cautious about what you leave out, visible in your car.
No comments:
Post a Comment