Monday, August 27, 2007

Big girl!

Ok, so today was another big day at our house! When I went to get Stella up from her mid-day nap, I found her sitting upright, pacifier in hand, grinning ear to ear. She certainly has something to be very proud of as this was her first time sitting up all by herself! She has sat up with our help, but has never gotten up on her own and stayed that way for a little while. In my excitement at seeing her this way, I said, "hold on a sec, I'll be right back," as I dashed off to grab my camera. Well, unfortunately 6 month-olds have no concept of waiting and unfortunately don't have the concept of object permanence either. That being said, she toppled over the moment I left the room and burst into tears because I was gone. So, any attempt at capturing "the moment" was lost very quickly. She was happy once again when I made it back to her room. I got her up, changed her diaper, etc...(the usual routine) and let her play on the bed while I watched her and sure enough, she went for it again. So, here's her big moment...(after the real big moment)...

Ta-da!

2 comments:

Tim and Emily said...

Yay!! Good job Stella...you are so big! Maybe you can teach Henry to sit up, too? We can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

genius. she is related to me. mad love for the babe