Well, to echo Nick's remark about Stella's 6 month check-up, yes, the MD did say that she was a bit "advanced" developmentally. What that means for us is that she's going to be getting into things a lot sooner and we will be challenged by her a bit earlier as well. These are those times as parents when we need continued prayer support. She's wonderful and we're doing great...but we definitely can't do it all alone. ;)
Specifics about her check-up: she now weighs in at 16 pounds, 6.5 ounces and is 26.5 inches long. This means she's in the 75th percentile for height and 50th for weight...continuing my dream stature of tall and slender. ha ha ha Stella still is toothless, though she eats as if she's training for the Olympics...and she loves everything that she eats. Favorite right now: B-A-N-A-N-A-S! (sorry, I couldn't help myself)
So, let's see...we've been busy around here. Not only have we been preparing for a move to Columbus. We have been packing ever since Nick accepted the job! We want our house to "show well" in this icky housing market. So, we're going above and beyond to clear out furniture and clutter so that we can "stage" it appropriately. I feel as if I have a little handle on what we're doing since I love watching HGTV and all the design shows about how to sell a house, a what a house is worth, etc...
Even though we were surrounded by boxes...we were blessed by a visit from Katie and Avery on Friday (8/31)! They drove all the way from Indianapolis to visit with us for just a couple of hours. It was great fun to have the girls together again. Avery is getting bigger and faster and more beautiful each time we see her. It still amazes me what happens and changes during the first few years of life. Here's hoping they will grow to be great friends!
Then, on Sunday I got to escape from all of the packing for a few hours to celebrate Christy's bridal shower! It was wonderful to be with her and all her friends and family as she prepares for her wedding day! When I got home it was amazing what Nick was able to accomplish here by himself with Stella! She must have been a great help to him!
When it boils down to it...all we've been doing is packing. Even when I'm not packing, I'm thinking about packing. (this is a much welcomed break, by the way) Labor Day, we packed, yesterday we packed, today I have been packing...I think we're taking a break soon. No seriously...the next big adventure is a road trip to Chagrin Falls/Hudson, Ohio this weekend!! Yes, we really are going out of town...we have a wedding to celebrate! Not only do we get to attend Lauren and Patrick's wedding, but we get to visit Stella's Aunt Kim, Uncle Jon and all the cousins!! We can't wait. I am certain a little escape from "packing central" will be good for all of us. Once we get back, the plan is to put our house on the market on either Monday or Tuesday.
Here's some fun around the house photos:
Specifics about her check-up: she now weighs in at 16 pounds, 6.5 ounces and is 26.5 inches long. This means she's in the 75th percentile for height and 50th for weight...continuing my dream stature of tall and slender. ha ha ha Stella still is toothless, though she eats as if she's training for the Olympics...and she loves everything that she eats. Favorite right now: B-A-N-A-N-A-S! (sorry, I couldn't help myself)
So, let's see...we've been busy around here. Not only have we been preparing for a move to Columbus. We have been packing ever since Nick accepted the job! We want our house to "show well" in this icky housing market. So, we're going above and beyond to clear out furniture and clutter so that we can "stage" it appropriately. I feel as if I have a little handle on what we're doing since I love watching HGTV and all the design shows about how to sell a house, a what a house is worth, etc...
Even though we were surrounded by boxes...we were blessed by a visit from Katie and Avery on Friday (8/31)! They drove all the way from Indianapolis to visit with us for just a couple of hours. It was great fun to have the girls together again. Avery is getting bigger and faster and more beautiful each time we see her. It still amazes me what happens and changes during the first few years of life. Here's hoping they will grow to be great friends!
Then, on Sunday I got to escape from all of the packing for a few hours to celebrate Christy's bridal shower! It was wonderful to be with her and all her friends and family as she prepares for her wedding day! When I got home it was amazing what Nick was able to accomplish here by himself with Stella! She must have been a great help to him!
When it boils down to it...all we've been doing is packing. Even when I'm not packing, I'm thinking about packing. (this is a much welcomed break, by the way) Labor Day, we packed, yesterday we packed, today I have been packing...I think we're taking a break soon. No seriously...the next big adventure is a road trip to Chagrin Falls/Hudson, Ohio this weekend!! Yes, we really are going out of town...we have a wedding to celebrate! Not only do we get to attend Lauren and Patrick's wedding, but we get to visit Stella's Aunt Kim, Uncle Jon and all the cousins!! We can't wait. I am certain a little escape from "packing central" will be good for all of us. Once we get back, the plan is to put our house on the market on either Monday or Tuesday.
Here's some fun around the house photos:
Wake up, Daddy!!
A visit from Avery (unfortunately it's difficult to capture both girls smiling at the same time)
Post shower with Dad
No comments:
Post a Comment