Ok, so I'm not a huge fan of Halloween..I'm ok with everyone celebrating it, and the whole costume and candy bit...I just never have gotten very excited about it. So I've been wondering if I'm a "bad mommy" because every time someone asked me what Stella was going to be for Halloween, I replied, she's going to be asleep. Hello, she's 8 months old. She doesn't eat candy, I don't want to drag her around so that I can "steal" candy from neighbors just so I can eat it...and her bedtime is 7pm. So, therefore my answer seemed to make sense to me.
Clearly, I had a bit of a bad attitude...
Well, tonight, as the doorbell started ringing and I watched cute kid after cute kid stand with out-stretched arms and puppy dog eyes, begging for candy on my front porch, I felt obligated to dress Stella up in the duck outfit as we answered the door together. As much as I don't really care for the holiday...I did remember how much kids love it and really how cute they are when they get all dressed up. So, I couldn't leave my little cutie out of the fun. So here she is again...6 and a half months later (see blog entry from April 14, 2007)...and cute as ever:
2 comments:
You are hilarious!!!
You are not a bad mom. The rest of us have just lost our minds. Stay normal!
Your an excellent Mom and Stella is a TREAT! Looking forward to enjoying some of her new tricks when you arrive on Sunday. Dad says, "bring some of the candy."
Love and prayers, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment