Monday, January 7, 2008

Such Great Friends

We're back (again). We spent a wonderful 30 or so hours in Cincinnati this past weekend.
First we got to stay at Mike and Gail's house (even though they weren't in town when we arrived). They are so good to us.
Then we spent Saturday evening celebrating Josh and Betsy's baby shower. Only 3 weeks until Betsy's due date!!!
And then on Sunday, Gail and Mike were so wonderful and prepared a late brunch at their house so we could visit with Emily, Andy, Katie, Mark, Erin, Ben, Kevin, Chase, and Rob (we missed you Jackie)! It was so wonderful! Now I'm kicking myself because I didn't even bring our camera! It was a great visit...brief, but fun to be able to see everybody. We'll take any time we can get with such dear friends. "Uncle" Mike worked on giving 5 with Stella. She appeared to be catching on although we're not positive she gets it. We'll keep working on it for you.
So, we're home for a few weeks, thinking about projects, dreaming big and then scaling back...Nick is still spending quite a bit of time silently scanning rooms with a furrowed brow, obviously deep in thought. Who knows what we'll do, but we're excited to get going!
Here's a couple of photos from this morning...

That's right, not only do we have a blue tub in the downstairs bathroom, but in the room right next to it we have blue paint on the walls and trim to match!!

I think Stella thinks she's smiling here. It's this scrunched up face and I promise she's happy...although it does appear that she could be mid-cry. For you Friends fans, I'm hoping this isn't a "Chandler-esque" problem.

This was our "Good Morning" photo we emailed to Nick today. Yes, I'm still in my pjs...that's just one of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom. And, no, I am not still wearing them now.

No comments: