Monday, February 11, 2008

Best Dad/Husband EVER!

Real quick...I have about a million other things to be doing than writing a blog entry, but I'm back in town and have to take a second to make a public THANK YOU to Nick. I left last Wednesday evening to spend a long weekend with Nick's mom, sisters, his sister's sister-in-law and mother-in-law in Captiva, FL (which was AMAZING by the way). Anyway, this is clearly the longest stretch that Nicholas has been "on duty" solo. He did a fantastic job! On Thursday and Friday he got all of Stella's gear packed up, before heading to work for the day, to go over to my dear friend, Lauren's house.
**I must take the time to thank Lauren as well, as she has 3 children of her own all 3 years of age and under and was willing to take Stella for 2 days so that Nick didn't have to miss work. WOW! We have great friends.***
So, then Saturday and Sunday were left for a special Daddy-daughter weekend. Nick took Stella to Cosi (the science museum) here in Columbus on Saturday and out to lunch and then even brought her to church on Sunday! I am still impressed! Not only did he entertain, feed, clothe, bathe, style hair and play with our daughter, but he also cleaned the house and organized before I got home.
Hmmm....maybe it won't be long before I jet off for another weekend away!? I sure am blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hats off to a most excellent husband and Dad. Thank you for the many ways you love our Liz and Stella Babe. Love Carol and Garvey