Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Not quite 100%...

Ok, so many have asked...and here I am FINALLY revealing the 99% complete bathroom renovation photos!!!! Now the photography is less than amazing, so if you're truly interested in our project, you'll have to come visit to see the results in person!
You may ask why we're only at 99% completion...well, we have a couple of spots where paint needs to be touched up, we had to reorder one wall sconce as the wrong one was delivered, 3 cabinet doors arrived in the wrong size, we need to hang mirrors and other various fixtures and we still haven't found bedroom furniture that we like. But, we can bathe upstairs once again, we can sleep in our room, Stella doesn't have to sleep in the basement anymore. We are happy!
Speaking of Stella...my new favorite thing: She can say FRECKLE! It's so cute!

And now on to the pictures....TA-DA!!!!

Master bathroom...double vanity/sink area (other side looks identical)



Master bedroom wall colors...decided upon after much scrutiny

Nick's closet...I have one on the other wall almost identical

Looking from bedroom into bath...these rooms were not originally connected, there was a hallway between. I can hardly remember what it used to be like. Partially because we started the project WAY BACK in May and partially because the design by Nick and his dad was so good!

Guest bath/Stella's bath

Linen closet

No, the tile isn't yellow...it's white! I said the photography was less than impressive!

Little seat/bench at end of tub for bath toys, etc...

I'll let you know if and when we arrive at 100% completion! :)

5 comments:

John King said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!

Ok, I'm emailing you! I have sooo many questions. We are considering getting an older home and want to revamp stuff as you did. So did you use a contracter? Architect? I want to see before photos. I'm amazed! Did you put the wood floors in too?

I'm SOOOOO happpy for you!!! So it took about 6 months from start to finish? maybe 4? Good to know.

So happy for you!!!

Emily said...

It looks awesome! I'm glad you get to bathe and sleep upstairs again:)

Austyn said...

It looks awesome!!! Do you miss the blue tub:) I swear my grandma had that same blue tub! This is really encouraging for us since we sold the house and most of the homes we see need new bathrooms! They are lovely!

Liz said...

To clarify...we still have the blue tub. This renovation was to the 2 upstairs bathrooms. Someday we'll get around to re-doing the "blue bathroom," but for now...it stays. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks great!