Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just Waiting For Baby...

Yes, my due date has come and gone. That was the story when I was pregnant with Stella as well...but last time I went into labor the day after my due date. Apparently this kiddo is pretty comfy and isn't in a hurry to make an appearance...although things could change at anytime. I see my MD tomorrow and we'll know more after that. I am content and feel good and SO APPRECIATE all the calls, texts and emails checking in on how I'm doing.
To lessen the stress of this uncertain time, we've had the luxury of having Grandma Bettcher and Grandma Freeman stay with us. Grandma Bettcher was here last weekend, ready in case we had to jet off to the hospital. While she was here, we enjoyed time at the park, yummy meals, lots of errand running and fun times together. We even endured a power outage that ended up with pedicures and coloring by headlamp.

Do you suppose this is the first time anyone has ever gotten a pedicure by headlamp!?

Who needs candles!?


Between the thunderstorms, we've been outside plaing as much as possible. We've even been able to get the sprinkler out for Stella to enjoy. As fun as those videos are, this is one much better. We've known her to be an expert "belly roller" for a while now...this is the proof of that:



We will post updates as we know more. For now I'm "helping" my mom plant all sorts of goodies in the garden. Helping is a long shot as it's tough for me to bend...so I'm really just pointing out good locations for the plants and she's digging the holes. It's a pretty sweet deal!

2 comments:

The O'Brien Family said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for you! Sure everything will go smoothly and look forward to the GREAT news...whenever that might be.

Jackie, Rob, and Cullen

Katie said...

Okay, that video of Stella is the funniest thing ever. You have SUCH a talented daughter :-).