So, 3:30 or so we get into a room. Liz gets in the gown, gets hooked up to monitors to track the baby's heartbeat and her contractions, etc. They said they wanted to give it 4 hours and then would check her again to see if there was any progress beyond the 4cm dilation. We make a few phone calls, walk the halls of the hospital to get things moving. Meanwhile, Liz still is having regular contractions about every 10 minutes or so. I caught Liz checking the monitors and the clock here:
7:00pm comes around and they check her again. No progress. We have the option of having them speed up the process for us or we can head home and wait it out. It's now just after 9:00pm and we are in the comfort of our own home! Who knows when we'll be back. Either way, Liz and I thought we had an amazing trial run and know just what to expect when it's the real deal.
4 comments:
I plan on waiting up all night and staring at the blog so make sure to update it with baby pics immediately. :) Just kidding - we're thinking about you and hyped for you guys!!!
Hi guys,
I have been thinking about you two and checking up daily on your blog:) I Love the pictures of the two of you with baby in belly. Adorable! Best wishes, we'll be thinking of you!
Dangit! I was totally expecting no blog this morning...meaning that you would have had this little angel last night. Hope you are resting as comfortably as you can right now. My prayers are with the 3 of you!
“Giving birth is like taking your lower lip and forcing it over your head.” -Carol Burnett
I've been waiting and waiting for the great news. My thoughts are with you all!
Angela
Post a Comment