3 weeks old!! We're still celebrating every precious moment!!
I'm not sure what it is about a dad and daughter...but there is quite a special bond there. Yesterday, Stella and I were sort of struggling through nap times. Ok she was struggling and I was wishing for a nap. Every time I set her down, she just didn't seem content. We went through a day of fussiness and went into the evening overly tired. That is where Nick saved the day!
Around 10pm I was ready to get into bed, but Stella was not. Nick decided it was up to him to have a "talking to" with our daughter. Not long after I had brushed my teeth and climbed into bed, did he walk out of her room, followed by...silence! I asked, "what did you do?!" He smiled and said that he had a "discussion" with our daughter. I didn't get every specific detail. I guess their discussion involved something about his expectations for her and not driving her mother crazy. :) As curious as I am, I don't think I need to know exactly what went on between the two of them. Nick obviously has some sort of calming powers that I'm super thankful for, that hopefully will not wear off anytime soon.
Evidence of these "powers":
and
I am so thankful for both of them!!
3 comments:
Liz-
This is going to sound kind of weird, but, Nick used to have that effect on Lindsay too!
Dear sweet Stella,
Can't wait to give you some limelight. See you the 29th.
Missing you tons.
Love, Grandma Carol
So beautiful, Liz! I can't wait to meet her!! Love, Auntie Whitney xoxo
Post a Comment