***By the way, Christy and Brad, congratulations again and good luck to you both
as you make this big move and begin planning for your wedding.
What an exciting time!! We'll be praying for you!***
as you make this big move and begin planning for your wedding.
What an exciting time!! We'll be praying for you!***
Sunday, March 11th...well, we did it! We went out on our own for the first time since our sweet Stella was born!
Stella's Grandma Karen was in town this past weekend and was more than happy to offer to be Stella's first baby-sitter. After some encouragement and deep thought, I gave in to the idea of going out. So, Nick and I ventured out into a world that we sort of forgot about. A world where I wasn't listening for Stella's cry and where people didn't know that we were new parents. I wasn't sure how I would do away from her, but was delighted to know that she was fine and that I would be too. Obviously someone who has raised 4 children and is on her 16th grandchild is more than capable of watching a baby for a couple of hours. (this was something that I had to keep reminding myself of)
We enjoyed dinner out and conversation to ourselves and were welcomed home to a sleeping baby that I am certain had no idea that we were gone. What a blessing to have Grandma here to trust with our loved one. Not sure when the next date night will be, but I'm glad to know we can handle just a couple of hours away!
I highly encourage any new parents or parents to be, to say, "Yes" when friends and family offer to babysit. It's really great to have the opportunity to focus on each other too!
3 comments:
Yes, we had a great first date out! I think things really went well and I'm anxious to ask her out again soon. I hope she doesn't think I'm rushing things and will say "yes"!
Love,
Her Husband
You guys are ridiculous- I LOVE IT! i think it is hilarious that nick is the first one to post a comment. nick, i hope she says yes too! liz, if you need any advice about what you should wear or how you should do your hair on your 2nd date, give me a ring!
erin v.
Lizard and Nick!!! I enjoyed reading your blog, and especially the pics of Stella....she is gorgeous like her momma! Brian and I are going on our first date tonight while grandma babysits. I haven't had sushi in 10 months! I really hope we can get the girls together for a playdate sometime. You guys all look great! Miss you,
Post a Comment