Sunday, June 17, 2007

Goes with the flow...

Well, Stella is more fun than ever. She and I spent a relaxing afternoon in the yard on Friday just laying in the grass, watching the leaves blowing in the wind and the clouds floating by. I'm pretty sure she laid there for at least 20 minutes totally content, just relaxing in the grass. That's my kind of girl...she will often lay on a blanket while I get to work in the garden. Hopefully someday she'll be gardening with me.

It was a good thing we spent Friday relaxing, because we were on-the-go on Saturday! After Stella's 11am feeding, we headed over to Mike & Gail's place to pick them up for our day trip to Oxford, Ohio. It was the 5 year reunion for the 2002 Miami University graduates. It was fun to wander around campus, taking in the the beautiful sights, reminiscing about those good old college days. Our whole visit pretty much centered around what we were going to eat. For those of you who are familiar with it, we had both lunch and dinner at Skipper's! VERY TASTY! We ran into some of Mike and Nick's fraternity brothers, shopped at the bookstores, napped at Shriver (actually Mike and Gail napped...Stella barely napped the entire time we were there), had a toasted roll (I only learned what that was this weekend), visited King Library, posed for photos under The Upham Arch, oh and I did mention eat at Skipper's? :) We continue to be very impressed at what a trooper our sweet daughter is. She just goes with the flow.

Yes, Mike is really asleep here

Once we got back from Oxford, we put Stella to bed and we barely heard a peep out of her. She has slept through the night so many nights in a row now that we've lost count. As we approach the 4 month mark each day gets better and better. She's more and more alert...loves to "talk" and laugh with us. We've got a rather predictable "routine" going for now. We continue to be so thankful for "how good we've got it." We know that things can and may change at any point, but for now we will continue to enjoy what we've got. For any new parents or parents-to-be, I highly recommend The Baby Whisperer. I've read Baby Wise and The Happiest Baby on the Block (both decent), but I feel like this book is the most realistic way to approach taking care of/raising your baby. At least it's working for us. Nick was kind enough to check it out of the local library for me and I continue to refer to it for many things. Next step: starting solid foods! YIKES! She's growing up fast!!

No comments: