Stella has discovered that she has control (kind of) over the hands at the end of her arms. More importantly, she has quickly figured out that sucking on her hands provides a great amount of comfort when she starts getting hungry. Although she hits herself in the head three or four times before actually getting the hand(s) in her mouth, it’s wonderful to see the sense of excitement and accomplishment in her eyes once she has landed the prize. We are making great progress!
The other new development is spitting up. She has gotten very good at this after eating! The other night Liz was holding Stella on the couch after just having fed her and realized a diaper change was in order pronto. I offered my services, which I must say I’m getting pretty good at this diaper changing thing. I’ve nearly mastered the 4:00am change and can even do it with little to no light. So anyway, just as I am picking her up from Liz’s arms to go and change her, Liz warns me once again, “Careful, she may spit up.” No sooner does she say that, Stella unloads half of the meal she just put down and for whatever reason this startles Liz and she blurts out, “DON’T THROW HER!”
Now, at this point I really didn’t know how to react to that statement. “Don’t throw her?” She just spit up! Did you really think I was about to throw our daughter because she spit up!? Immediately, Liz starting cracking up at herself realizing what she had just said. It’s now become a family joke to blurt out “don’t throw her” whenever Stella spits up while the other one is holder her. Well, maybe the term “joke” and the topic of throwing your child shouldn’t be in the same sentence, but you get the idea.
We’ve had quite a few requests for more pictures, so here you go!
5 comments:
She is so beautiful!! I had to laugh hysterically at the "Don't throw her" Oh what becoming a mother does to us.. Give her a big kiss for me! Love HILL
What a doll!! She is so lucky to have such great parents! Miss you! Kathleen
I love the story, Nick! I think she is getting prettier every day! Miss you guys!
We are both so very happy for you two. Stella is the perfect addition to your family...hopefully we will get to meet her soon. Take care and lots of love!
We are both so very happy for you two. Stella is the perfect addition to your family...hopefully we will get to meet her soon. Take care and lots of love!
Post a Comment